Monday, December 2, 2013

SHEIKH ABDUL RAHMAN SUDAIS



May Allah bless this man
Sheikh Abdul Rahman Sudais
*         *          *

I always have felt amazed whenever I meet someone who memorized the Quran. Scrap that. I'd get blown away, if it;s only 10 juz. Or 5. Really.
I remembered what my teacher back in high school used to say. She said that, people who memorize the Quran is carrying a big responsibility, and if they can carry that, they can carry anything. It's a way of saying that memorizing the Quran is such a gifted opportunity that if you are able to complete memorizing the whole Holy Quran within your lifetime, you should be truly thankful to God.

Back when I was a kid, around 10 years old or so, we have this Islamic Classes (Sekolah Agama) after school which starts around 2.00 pm everyday. I remembered my enthusiasm to finish school early, so I can go to transit, wash up, have lunch and walk over to attend these Islamic Classes. No, I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the lessons. I was also another kid who hated exams and homeworks just as much. Haha
But at Sekolah Agama, I get to meet my friends (oh yes, the same ones who attended the Primary School few hours earlier LOL - spending hours with them + talking on the phone at night was essential back then). Plus, Sekolah Agama was cool because there's no rules or stupid prefects trying to find your faults, I was also in a classroom with my crush, my two childhood bestfriends, and I get to beat my friends in memorizing some verses and Surahs of Quran oh yeah.

I remembered the ustazahs going "Ok you can go to the next Surah now" and my classmate would goggle and go "Why on earth would you speed?"

You see, most of them have in fact memorized the verses, but they prefer to stretch the days, so they won't have to bother memorizing new ones for tomorrow. So, when the ustazahs ask, they can go, "Ok, I'm ready now." when in fact they have been ready for long.

Either that. Or I was really a sucker for memorizing back then. Haha.

Sadly, after the elementary years ended, there were no more Sekolah Agama, therefore, no more Quran Memorization Classes everyday. 

Therefore, I stopped memorizing.

It's a shame, really. Because as you get older, your memory get kinda swelled and well, you can't remember as much as when you were a kid. You understand better, but your memory just go poof.

Therefore it is no surprise that I can still recite the the Surahs I memorized when I was a kid. 
But the new Surahs like the compulsory ones KMB (my college) had us memorize, like Yaasin, it will stick in for at least a week after I memorize it, then, it'll go away. Not entirely lah of course, but I'll get confused between verses and suddenly its mixed up with some other Surah.
Bummer.

A few weeks ago, Paan wished me a happy birthday and asked me (via whatsapp) of my 20 year-old wishlist. I'm still into constructing a good one and finalizing what I really want. ( I tell u, girls wants new things everyday) But one wish, that I am certain have been hanging there on from year to year and I have never really been able to cross it out, is to memorize the whole HOLY QURAN .

Anyway, I thought, listening to the recitation might help me memorize, (sorta) so I downloaded Abdul Rahman Sudais's recitation. No fret, if you dont know who he is, you'll go " ohhhh, so that's his name" once you hear he recite. He is one of the Mekah's Imam. (some people said I shouldn't write 'Mecca' with that spelling, coz it bears a different meaning, I dont  know)  and his recitation is very pleasing to the ear.

I have another favourite. Taha Bajunaid. He's a little kid I stumble upon on somewhere and fell in love with his voice since. If I have a boy in the future, I'm gonna make sure he can recite just as melodious.

And here's one kid (Hassan) I found on youtube a few years ago, or was it Afnan, who showed me? Well, u have to listen to this if u haven't.



Here's the link to Sheikh Abdul Rahman Sudais complete HOLY QURAN Recitation


Ok. I hope this helps.
Just copy the mp3's to ur iPod, mp3 player, smartphones, mp4, anything~
If subconscious does it job, you may be able to memorize the Quran without you realizing it too.
If not, well, I'm sure listening to the Quran will do us great favour in this world, the grave, and the hereafter.

Happy days =)



1 comment:

  1. Assalam-O-Alikum

    Hajj is an annual religious pilgrimage to Mecca undertaken each year by 2-3 million people. The approximate dates for the 2017 Hajj are August 30 to September 4..
    If You are From Muslim Community of United Kingdom and wants to perform Hajj or Umrah then you can choose our
    Hajj & Umrah Packages 2017.

    ReplyDelete